By arranging private lessons, you are providing creative and intellectual advantages that last a lifetime. Students benefit from personal attention and growth in musical ability and confidence. Instruction is designed to complement and enhance student’s school work.
Our Staff and Facilities
Private instruction is available at each of our locations on most wind and string instruments, as well as guitar and piano. Our teachers have college training in their specialty and have experience teaching at all levels. All lessons are taught in modern, fully-equipped teaching studios at times convenient to your schedule. Since we locate our stores near major shopping areas, it is easy to drop off a student and do other errands at the same time.
Schedule and Fees
We follow a school-year schedule, and lessons are not offered during days coinciding with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Break vacations. Lessons are for thirty minutes, once a week. Tuition is paid on a monthly basis the first lesson of each month (depending on the number of lessons in the month). There is an enrollment fee in order to reserve your studio and time with a teacher.
Curriculum and Practice
Our teachers customize goals and curriculum for each student, and will indicate which music literature and methods are appropriate for study. Most teachers provide a weekly assignment sheet which includes suggested practice routines. The following are some general practice hints:
- Set aside a regularly scheduled time each day. Do not leave practicing to chance or interrupt a favorite play time.
- Several short practice periods are more effective than one long session.
- Especially good practice times are in the morning before school or work, or right after dinner in the evening.
- Expect to repeat each difficult part in the music at least two or three times at different speeds. Merely playing the music through once does not constitute practicing.
- Slow and deliberate practice is better than fast practice.