What instruments does Meyer offer?
- We provide all the high quality name brands preferred by teachers and vetted by our technicians
- We’re proud to be the highest-level Yamaha dealer in Michigan and the only authorized Yamaha and Conn-Selmer dealer in the Grand Rapids region.
- We are authorized dealers for Yamaha, Cannonball, Jupiter, Buffet Crampon, Shires, XO, Fox, Trevor James, Backun, Eastman, and Conn-Selmer (including Bach, King, Armstrong, Leblanc, Vito, and Holton).
- Instruments aren’t ready to play right out of the box! Every instrument is tested and checked by our technicians after we receive it from the manufacturer so it’s ready for your student’s first note.
- Our instruments are available as rent-to-own or to purchase outright. Most families prefer the rent-to-own option since they aren’t sure how long their student will play and they appreciate the repair coverage.
Complete Rent-to-Own Packages
What does my rent-to-own rental package include?
Your student will have everything they need to start their musical journey!
- Full repair coverage and maintenance– whether it’s a routine cleaning or a major repair.
- Complete flexibility with the opportunity to exchange, upgrade or return.
- The exact instrument required by their teacher, matching their brand preference.
- All accessories required by your student’s teacher if your student is enrolled in school band program.
- A free school method book and music stand for students starting in their school’s first year of band.
My teacher wants a special mouthpiece or cleaning supplies, is that included?
- Parents are busy and we want to make joining band as simple as possible! We work closely with your teacher to ensure all required accessories needed to start are included for students who are joining their school’s band program.
- We also include a free school method book and music stand for students starting in their school’s first year of band.
What if the instrument gets broken or damaged?
- Complete maintenance coverage is included while you’re renting– the renowned expert techs at Meyer will keep your student playing, no matter what!
- If your instrument is damaged beyond repair, we’ll even replace it for you.
- We visit schools each week to pick up and drop off repairs with teachers, saving you a trip to a store.
Why does it matter that Meyer is an authorized dealer?
- Our close relationships with manufacturers ensures we have exact parts needed for repairs and full access to warranties. For our customers, this means reliable and timely repairs.
How do the rental payments work?
- Every single dollar goes towards ownership of your instrument.
- There are no finance charges or fees and all taxes are included in your low monthly rate.
- You may pay off your remaining balance anytime and receive an additional discount.
What if my student needs to switch to a different instrument?
- If your student needs to change instruments in their first year or at teacher direction, we’ll take all your accumulated credit, transfer it over to their new instrument and make the instrument exchange right at school.
- This is a particularly common scenario at schools that don’t start saxophones, but rather require students play clarinet first.
What if we don't need the instrument anymore?
- We’re happy that your student gave band a try! Even just a few months of music education has been linked to cognitive benefits that last a lifetime.
- You may return your instrument at any time with no further obligations. Bring it to a store or let their teacher know that it needs to be returned to our representative who visits that school.
- At the end of the school year, if your player is planning to continue, you’ll want to keep your instrument over the summer to prevent learning loss. If you return the instrument, we consider your account closed and you would lose your accumulated rental credit.
My student loves playing, what upgrade options are there?
- Our unique program allows you to “step up” at any time and trade in and transfer all accumulated credit to an intermediate or professional instrument, continuing the rent-to-own plan on their new instrument.
When will I own my instrument?
Final costs vary by instrument type and brand. The rent-to-own program is designed to get you to ownership in approximately 3 1/2 – 4 years. You can track your payment progress online by setting up an account in our customer portal.
If you’re ready to own your instrument outright, you may pay off your instrument anytime and take an additional discount off your remaining balance.
What about adult learners?
- Learning to play an instrument is exciting, no matter what age, and we happily work with adult learners.
- Adult renters enjoy the same rent-to-own benefits, including repair coverage and the flexibility to return or upgrade anytime. Please note that the free method book and music stand benefit is reserved for beginning students in a school program.
- To complete an adult rental, on the online rental page select “Adult Rental” from the list of school districts.
- Adult rentals are subject to a credit check and approval.