Beginner Student Cellos
Starting a musical journey with a reliable, quality instrument is the key to a successful experience.
Meyer Music offers quality student-level cellos as rent-to-own, matching teacher preferences with free accessories. All accumulated rental credit transfers to larger sizes and higher levels as players grow in size and skill.
As your player progresses and encounters more challenging music, their cello should match their growing skills.
Their student-level cello was a great start to their musical journey and “stepping up” will take them even further!
Compared to student level cellos which are designed to be solid and durable, Step-Up cellos are made of high-end materials for enhanced tone and include special features, such as upgraded bows and strings for extended range and enhanced control.
What’s the difference?
- made of woods designed for affordability and durability
- available in smaller sizes for smaller players
- include a basic level bow
- levels 1 and 2 instruments are not available to own, they build rental credit towards ownership of a level 3 or higher
- level 3 instruments include upgraded accessories
- designed for progressing players
- handmade with higher quality tonewoods for increased resonance
- upgraded strings for enhanced tone
- upgraded bow for increased response and agility
- higher quality case with hygrometer and storage space
- designed for advancing players
- handmade by Master Luthiers with select tonewood for enhanced resonance
- professional level strings for enhanced warmth and brilliance in tone
- choice of high-end bow for increased strength, flexibility, and clarity of sound
- upgraded protective shell case
Selecting your Step-Up Cello
Stepping up to the next level of cello is a big decision and at Meyer Music we want to ensure that you make the best and most informed choice for your musical goals.
We carry intermediate cellos at all Meyer locations– visit us anytime to experience the sound or set up a personalized consultation appointment.
We also offer personalized consultations with our instrument experts to help guide you through the process.
Our cello consultant, Willem Mudde, is available for consultation appointments. Willem can answer your questions, guide you through test-playing, and advise on the technical elements of the instruments. Willem studied cello at St. Olaf’s College and is an active performer in the area.